Office One can provide your workplace with a number of sound masking/sound management solutions that can assist you in achieving a more comfortable and productive workplace.
About Sound Masking and Sound Management:
There are three major factors to consider when your goal is to lessen “noise” within your workplace. These are Sound Absorption, Blocking, and Covering. A major weapon against workplace noise is sound masking. Sound Masking is the “cover” portion of the equation- the addition of an unobtrusive background sound, similar to airflow, to reduce the intelligibility of human speech and reduce distractions.
Research has shown that the addition of sound masking can increase speech privacy from 35% to 90%.
Sound Masking is used to provide the following benefits:
- Increased worker performance and productivity
- Increased comfort among the workplace (48% of survey respondents reported that conversational distractions where the leading cause of workplace discomfort)
- Unlike a building’s static structures and elements that cannot adapt, Sound masking can vary from location to location as well as from time to time, to adapt to changing environmental conditions
- Sound masking is one of the most cost effective means for providing privacy
Some common workplace applications for Sound Management / Sound Masking Solutions:
- Cubicles and Call Centers – reduce distractions and increase productivity
- Private offices – when confidential speech privacy is desired
- Patient rooms – enhance both patient comfort and privacy
- Libraries – reduce distractions caused by the lack of background noise
- Lobbies – prevent overheard conversations from adjacent work areas
- Conference rooms
- Closed offices
- Open offices
- Under raised access flooring